Tuition Fee, Deadlines, Age Requirements
Tuition fee: 400 000 RUR for Russian nationals per academic year (if merged with the program on Translation/Interpreting and Cross-Cultural Communication). Russian VAT not applicable. Possible bank commissions or other surcharges of third parties are not included. Campus 3* Hotel Accommodation is available.
Deadline for application: July 8, 2019.
- Eligible applicants will be invited to video interviews by email if necessary.
- Admission results publication: August 2019.
Age requirements: admission to MGIMO University is based upon academic merit and potential. MGIMO bears the responsibility for safeguarding children under Russian laws, so a parent/custodian will be notified of an offer of admission made to anyone who will be younger than 18 years of age at the time of registration as MGIMO student.
How to submit an application?
Please mind and follow these 10 rules:
- Contact us ONLY using these e-mail addresses: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the "Message Subject" field please write "Application" and mention the candidate's surname.
- Indicate how we can address you in your message (name, surname). In case you represent the interests of an applicant (your child, relative, friend, etc.), please make sure we understand that.
- Attached files must be in the MS Word (DOC) or Adobe Acrobat (PDF) formats.
- Attached scans and/or pictures must be in PDF or JPG formats.
- Please choose an appropriate name for each attached file (for example: diploma, CV, transcript, etc.).
- Do not send us your documents by regular mail and never send us originals as we are unable to return them to you. Provide only high-quality scans via e-mail.
- Please be informed that the processing of your inquiries usually takes 5 to 15 business days. We will get back to you shortly with any updates regarding the status of your application.
- Do not wait until the very last day to submit your application. As soon as your application is ready, send it to us.
- To be eligible for assessment, your application must be submitted before the deadline. Once you have sent us your application, you will not be allowed to modify it. Nevertheless, you may send your application materials in batches, but make sure that we receive the last batch before the deadline. If your application is not complete by the deadline and/or submitted after the deadline, we will be unable to process it.
Your application should be supported with the following documents:
- High school diploma and/or leaving examination certificate(s), if you already have received it. If not, you will need to send it to us as soon as you receive it from your school. Once admitted, you will have to present the originals of these documents during registration as an MGIMO student and undertake (1) notarial certification of the translation of your application documents into the Russian language and (2) nostrification, or approval of your documents by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation. The University will provide all the necessary assistance to pass these procedures smoothly. Please note that the nostrification procedure is not necessary for citizens of the countries that have signed agreements on recognition and equivalence of diplomas with the Russian Federation, though additional conditions may apply based on a particular treaty.
- Photo of an applicant (at least 300 dpi; by e-mail). ATTENTION: eight printed photos 3x4 cm (matte with white background only; black & white or color) will have to be submitted upon your admission and arrival at our campus.
- CV/Résumé (no specific template to follow).
- Motivation letter (personal statement), up to 1,000 words.
- Academic and/or professional references (at least two). Please do not collect references yourself. Provide us with names, e-mail addresses, and other contact information of your referees, and we shall reach out to them separately. Please ask your referees to prepare reference letters so that we could collect them on a short notice.
- English language test certificate (International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) academic test with a total score of 6.0 and 5.5 in each of the components; and/or Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 80 and 20 in each of the four skills). We also recognize the value of practical experience, so please talk to us if you do not meet the academic criteria above as each application is judged on its merits. Language groups of different levels will be formed to meet the students’ requirements.
- Photocopy of your ID: passport or ID card.
If you require a visa to enter Russia, we shall inform you about how to apply for a visa concurrently with the confirmation of your admission. We have special procedures for admitted students and will assist you in visa issuance process.